High-voltage Testing Standards & Reasons For LED Luminaires
1. LED luminaires are tested for the following reasons:
1) When the lamp is turned on, the received voltage will have an instant pulse voltage, at this time, there will be a large current generation. But if the current leakage too much, it may cause harm to the human body.
2) In general, the purpose of applying high voltage is to prevent damage to the product. On the other hand, it is also to test the insulation performance of product and verify whether this insulation performance is effective. If the housing assembly gap of the luminaire itself is small and there is a certain misalignment of each assembly surface, it will be able to roughly withstand the 2500V high voltage applied on the charged parts and housing plastic. In addition, it should be ensured that these mating surfaces and plastic materials are not melt and deform in normal operation, so that it affecting the insulation performance of the lamp itself.
2. Supplemental measurement methods:
1) Connecting the plug of the high-voltage machine into the "220V" jack, and then the high-voltage machine into the power supply, turn on all switches.
2) The high-voltage machine's power supply "voltage" "time" file to the required detection lamp body of the required position, start each test according to the new view "voltage" "leakage current" "test time" and test requirements.
3) And then use the high-voltage machine probe rod and ground end (GND) contact, if there is an alarm, this high-voltage machine is normal, can be used.
4) The lamp body plug contact high-voltage machine grounding end (GND) iron plate or socket, and then use the metal part of the high-voltage probe rod to click on the lamp body metal or any part of the conduction, if the high-voltage machine did not alarm, indicating that the lamp high-voltage test passed.